So yesterday Amy took a literal nose dive off her dad's lap and ended up with a bloody nose. We didn't catch it before she had put a nice blood spot on his white shirt (that had also gone through to his garment top). Well I took her and he ran to the bathroom to do as most people do...soak the shirt in cold water. When I saw this I remembered a trick that I learned while working as a CNA.
The trick is to pour some Hydrogen Peroxide on the spot...it will remove the blood with ease. The housekeepers told us to use this when residents had accidents and left blood on the carpet, and there was always a surplus supply of those lovely brown bottles. :) . The we just pour Hydrogen Peroxide on the carpet let it foam up a little and take a towel and roll it across the carpet and amazingly enough it really did pull the blood out of the carpet.
Well I started to use this for other applications as well. So now when Tyrel gets a bloody nose because of his allergies, I simply will grab my brown bottle. It gets it out every time without even a hint of a stain. But I love this because it works GREAT on menstrual accidents.
I was amazed at the difference this has made at saving some of our clothes. Hydrogen Peroxide works on all colors of clothing and won't bleach them (at least I have never seen it bleach clothes or carpets but that is because I rinse the hydrogen peroxide out before it gets and real sun exposure).
Here are some other things that you can use Hydrogen Peroxide fore: This stuff really is amazing!
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out.. No more canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash...
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe down your countertops, or spray it on the counters directly.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to Kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
6. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.
7. If you have a terrible tooth ache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will less greatly.
8. Put half a bottle of peroxide into your bath water to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
9. Use peroxide to clean your mirrors. There is no smearing
I now try to keep a surplus of hydrogen peroxide around my house, because you can use it for so many things.