Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thanks

Thank you Shantelle for the candy and recipe. That candy truly melts in your mouth. I'm cutting back on sugar right now so I only allowed myself a small bite and froze the rest. It's pretty tempting, knowing there is more so close.
Thanks for the recipe you sent, Heather. I'm going to make it as soon as I see cranberries in the store. It is SO GOOD.
Today is the first day I have pulled the blog up since my last post. Shame on me. There are so many great posts from you all. I will make a point of checking in more often, since we canceled Facebook and don't get any info there now.
Natalie, you are polishing up some very good habits with the couponing and better eating practices. Keep up the good work.
After that comment, I'm embarrassed to add a recipe that is definitely not healthy eating. But it was a great hit with everyone we shared with. If you try it, I know you'll like it.

TOFFEE CRUNCH COOKIES

2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups quick oats
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows

Beat butter with sugars. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Beat in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in oats, cereal, chips and marshmallows.
Drop by 1-2 tablespoonsful onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake in a 350' over for 10-12 minutes.

This is a 'keeper' cookie recipe. Yummy!
This recipe came from "Two Peas In Their Pod" recipe blog. It's a good one to check out.

No comments: